Tuesday 1 September 2015

Algarve addicts unite....

WHAT'S THE ALGARVE'S WINNING FORMULA?
 
Well, how about oodles of laid-back charm. This is February in Ohlos de Agua. It should be easy to see why it was love at first sight.  I escaped a grey and depressing British winter and found myself here, and the holiday for three came in at less than £500 (flights and B&B). Pretty impressive, I'd say...
 
My sons loved it too. I thought it would be too quiet for them. But no. They thought it was great. They were 12 and 15 respectively when they first went to Portugal.

How about that for a beach.... to yourself? Unless you're sun-tanned obsessed go out of season and enjoy long beach walks. Natural springs rise out of the sand in  Olhos de Agua, which means eyes of water.  When the tide is out you can walk for miles. We walked from Ohlos to Vilamoura once but I don't recommend it unless you're bursting with energy!! Or a bit crazy, like me! It took much longer than we anticipated .... I felt like I was wandering through the Sahara!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment