Sunday 1 November 2015

Husband creche and other bargains!



Not sure why no-one has thought of this in England yet but a husband crèche could catch on over here. I have never used this service but, for the price of a pint, you can leave your better half at Pickwick's Tavern in Olhos de Agua - for hours. Bargain!

I have to confess I have never been to Pickwick's because I go away to get away from all things British. I don't want Sunday roast, shepherd's pie or a Nescafe coffee. Nevertheless, this sign always makes me smile.

I photographed a few more advertising boards just to share the bargain cost of a treat over there...



Coffee and a cake for 2 euros is not unusual. You can sometimes get a toasty for even less than that, or a pint for 1 euro. A jug of sangria for 5 euros is good value too. It all helps to keep the cost of a holiday down. In the Algarve, the ex-pat population and volume of British visitors means they are very well catered for. They can even buy my very own desert island food in the local supermarkets. Marmite!

No comments:

Post a Comment